Is there any better season for reading than autumn? Maybe you can still sit outside, but you might need a cozy blanket or a cup of tea. Maybe it’s raining and you curl up with a good book by the window. Or maybe it’s an indian summer and you can still lay out in the sun. Whatever the case, half the year has passed and we can see what people have been reading so far this year.
Publishers weekly just released their list of top selling books. President Barack Obama gave us his best summer reads of 2019! And I stopped by the British chain Waterstones and indie book seller Brick Lane Bookshop to see what was at the top of their lists! So if you still don’t have any books lines up for fall, you might find some here. Or follow my Journey around the world in books, where every month I choose to read authors from different countries! I’ve already had some amazing reads from Ireland, China, and The Philippines!
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Educated by Tara Westover
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
- Unfreedom of the Press by Mark R. Levin
- Howard Stern Comes Again by Howard Stern
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- The Mueller Report by the Washington Post
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 by Tom Rath
- It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way by Lysa Terkeurst
- The Woman In the Window by A.J. Finn
- The Life-changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- The Mister by E.L. James
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- The Lost Girls of Paris by Pam Jenoff
- The Pioneers by David McCullough
- Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
Where the Crawdads sing has been embraced by most celebrities, bookbloggers and book clubs and reigns at the top of the bestseller list with over a million copies sold. (I personally tried it and could not get into it, maybe I’ll try again at some later time.) A close second is the praised book by Michelle Obama (and for good reason, the book is amazing!) Rachel Hollis has 2 books on the list! (You go girl!) and I have personally just started listening to Girl, wash your face. Just four chapters in and I’m hooked! Added her on instagram for a daily dose too!